You approach the intersection and see a giant orange safety flag appear a few feet ahead. What do you do??
- … throw your phone across the seat as if I didn’t see you talking on it.
- … try to put your seatbelt on, I don’t care about that.
- … go around to get into the other lane — to see what’s going on — to get to the intersection — because you’re late and can’t wait.
- … look at me to DO SOMETHING because your fellow drivers are inconsiderate. My purpose is strictly to make the drivers aware of the pedestrians
- … get upset if I stop you on one side of the cross walk instead of letting you pass when you’re only going to be sitting at a red light.
- … SPEED UP!
- STOP! and watch for instructions!
- look for pedestrians, bicyclists, skateboarders… who might be about to cross from either side of the street.
- continue to look for pedestrians even after you’ve completely passed through the intersection.
- LEARN the driving LAWS regarding crosswalks, right on red, “blocking the box”, and pedestrian right of way. —>New York State Drivers Manual
- be considerate of your fellow drivers – a teeeny bit of courtesy goes a LONG way and really DOES make the intersection run more efficiently and smoothly.
- Have a GREAT day 😀